Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Basics of Natural Farming (part 1 of 2)





Here's the description that features on the YouTube page:

This video is about a garden I started in Preston Hollow, NY after reading Masonobu Fukuoka's "One-Straw Revolution" and applying those theories and practices to vegetable gardening.

I grew fresh vegetables for a small CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) , local markets and my friends and family. Much of my gardening practice coincides with the principles of permaculture. No-till farming creates permanent planting areas, in this way, one can incorporate perennial growing alongside the annuals.

Artistically, I was inspired by Carl Sagan's Cosmos and the work of David Attenborough, which I grew up adoring as a child. I find it ironic how modern media was one of the original gateways to my increasing curiosity about nature, though perhaps this is what I hope to mimic by putting together my personal story with this garden.

I hope to continue learning from nature for years to come... and hopefully inspire others to do so themselves.

Resistance is fertile, folks!

Oh yeah...
and check out my website: www.collectedseed.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...